[TYPO3-hci] 4.2 close record button

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Mon Dec 17 10:14:47 CET 2007

Hi Jens,

> We have a new, good general interface structure,
> please keep this in mined if you create new ideas.
>
> This means:
> 1. No Tabs in the Content Screen!
>    In the new TopMenu is space for this in bit different way.
> 2. No need for the lower Icons. Just Redundancy.
>    And don't tell me it rocks :)
>
> My Taste:
> - To Compressed Interface .. to much information, in to less space
>   (This is a global TYPO3 problem, we do not want to continue this
>    in the future for the new interfaces, please!)
> - BTN order .. for me it's only clear enough, like in the screen in att.

+1 for this, and some comments on your mockup:

a)
there is a typo in "Zwischenablage" - the "s" is missing ;)

b)
alternating row-colors should be default for listView because the list
is much better readable and thus a bit better usable

c)
better seperation of the table header in the listView, maybe with a
slightly different color

d)
by default, there should be a icon visible which table header is
responsible for table sorting

e)
is it now possible to define how much records are shown by each record
table? Otherwise I'd change the position of the record limitation. Maybe
even the sorting possibility should be changed. I could imagine a clean
table titlebar by default, which you can 'expand' by a 'control
settings' row, where you can change the number of shown records and
select with two selectboxes by which field the table should be sorted.

f)
I wonder how the rootline and the document/record title will look like
with much longer names. Is it really necessary to show the name of the
current record/page twice? I don't see any sense in this. Just drop the
right part and only show the rootline with appended record uid.
As we use AJAX anyway, maybe a Windows Vista like rootline would be
nice, so that you could easily navigate without the visible pagetree.

g)
in every 'frame' there is a titlebar, except in the pagetree. There
should be one, too. This will make the BE look a bit more like an
application, and a headline (f.e. 'treeview of website structure') in
the titlebar would give a nice small explanation what is shown in it.
'Ah, this is my website structure in a tree view' and 'ah, now there is
shown my file structure from the webserver'

h)
I think it'll be a bit more intuitive if the icons in the titlebar would
look a bit more like buttons. Maybe soft borders around them and a hover
effect.

i)
the coloring is a bit to 'uncolored', and to many different
elements/objects share the same coloring although they have different
meanings/features. Just have a look at the clipboard:
- the titlebar just looks the same as a normal record listing, but it's
not the same
- the sub-dividers also have almost the same appearance, they even have
a bigger visual importance because the text has a much higher contrast
to the background gradient

Titlebars and functionbars share the same coloring which is misleading.

I think that's it for now. Maybe I find some time to prepare a mockup,
but I'm quite busy right now.

--
Greetings,
Franz