[TYPO3-hci] 4.2 close record button

Benjamin Mack mack at xnos.org
Sat Dec 15 16:13:33 CET 2007

Hey guys,

I'm glad we're bringing this up. Jens and I discussed that we want to
change this for the final 4.2 version. So this is what I want to talk
with you (everybody of you as you want to participate in the HCI team)
here two things:

* Please make a mockup (= screenshot) of how you want to have the button
list displayed and ordered. I'm glad we can bring some input and then
can decide on how it should look like the best way.
I think it's quite important that they should be grouped in a good sense.
I also want to add another button "Clear Page Cache" (the Flash icon) to
the list.

* What do you think about removing the two dropdown lists from this top
bar? Do they belong there? Jens and I talked about removing the "Save /
Cache Menu" Dropdown since the icons already displayed there. I don't
want to keep this as an option (to show it if you update the option) since
a) I have never seen something like this outside of TYPO3 (having a
dropdown next to icons that do the same thing).
b) It makes it more cluttered and does not really help the usability
(although it's more verbal than icons)
The whole "Clear Cache..." options are at the new top menu anyway and
don't have anything to do with the editing of the page.
Jens and I also thought about moving the "Opened Documents" dropdown to
the new "Cleaner Backend" top bar (try typo3/backend.php in a trunk
version), what do you think about that?

So, I'm looking forward to your screens input on the icon placement (you
are allowed to send screenshots to this list AFAIK) and on the removal
of the two dropdowns.

BTW: I'm working on a way to have the skin devs overwrite the order of
the icons on the top. This could change something quite a bit.

--
greetings,
benni.

www.xnos.de // www.xnos.org