[TYPO3-hci] 4.2 close record button

Patrick Rodacker patrick.rodacker at the-reflection.de
Sat Dec 15 14:43:10 CET 2007

Hi Steffen,

Steffen Kamper wrote on 15.12.2007 11:34:

> the position of these buttons is like everyone knows from windows.

I didn't know that this was the intention to place it there. And I think
it can not be compared with the layout of the system windows, because it
is an inline application running in your browser.

> I like it, but of coarse the button is far away for often use.
> An advantage is the seperation of manipulating icons (save) from cancel
> buttons (the old way i often clicked on wrong button by accident)

You are right about the separation, but I think this could also be
realized by grouping the different buttons on the left placing some
space between the different groups. I use TYPO3 mainly on a 1600x1200
resolution and the way up to the upper right is very long.

> I see an advantage when we have a Keyhandler, then we have some operations
> like
> Ctrl.+s => save
> Ctrl.+x => close
> Ctrl.+shift+x => save+close

Sure, but IMHO they will be introduced as additional feature rather then
replacing the current buttons.

Greetz
Patrick