[TYPO3-hci] 4.2 close record button

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Sat Dec 15 11:34:14 CET 2007

"Stefano Cecere" <scecere at krur.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1197707066.6912.typo3-team-hci at lists.netfielders.de...
> hi
> i'm using 4.2 latest trunk... i really like all new BE cleanup, but i am a
> bit disappointed with the new positioning of the close record ("X") button
> when editing any record..
> now it is at the far top right of the window.
>
> i have to say that i use i very much, and it's a really long way to click
> it.
> i'd prefer it at the top-left corner (like in the OS X UI ;)
>
> what do you think?
>
> stefano

Hi Stefano,

the position of these buttons is like everyone knows from windows.
I like it, but of coarse the button is far away for often use.
An advantage is the seperation of manipulating icons (save) from cancel
buttons (the old way i often clicked on wrong button by accident)

I see an advantage when we have a Keyhandler, then we have some operations
like
Ctrl.+s => save
Ctrl.+x => close
Ctrl.+shift+x => save+close