[TYPO3-hci] Hello everyone!

Andreas Balzer typo3 at andreas-balzer.de
Thu Apr 5 11:11:16 CEST 2007

Sudara Williams schrieb:
  > As a newbee to this list, I'm curious about workflow:
>
> Is there much communication and/or feedback with the Core and other teams?
Not really. There's a little contact to the new skinning team (which I
am part of too) and a little contact to Kasper. But there is no real
contact to the CORE team. (As you are able to see, if you analyze T3 4.1
in terms of "usuability" improvements.. ;))

> Are we expected to not only innovate and improve the UI, but implement it?
Yes. The skinning team will help us here a little bit if we want but
it's the job of the hci team to design and code it. The skinning team
focuses on T3 4 branch with its current design and won't implement
something completly new except we provide it.
> Is there any guarantee that the code will be included if we do implement
> UI changes?
No. At the end it's a question of several teams. The skinning team, the
CORE team and of course the T3 Association. That's why I would propose
to do everything as extensions which can be integrated into the T3 CORE
later on.
> If so, how much flexibility exists?
As much as you like.
> Is it worth innovating within the tight constraints of 4.x, or better to
> focus on 5.x ?
That's an important question where it's hard to find an answer.
Personally I propose to do little things like a search or nested lists
for the 4 branch, but the new UI should be something for T3 5.0 I guess.
It's just to much work to do for a system that will become obsolete or
whatever.. ..just in the moment when we can release a new UI. (because
that won't be finished after some days..)

Greetings
Andreas