[TYPO3-hci] Open Source usability sucks?

Martin Ficzel martin.ficzel at gmx.de
Wed Sep 27 16:52:27 CEST 2006

Bernhard Kraft schrieb:
> Kasper Skårhøj wrote:
>>> 'Unlink element' in TemplaVoila - that is really bad!
>>
>> Fine, whats a really good label then?
>
> What about "Remove element" ... it doesn't imply that the element get's
> deleted .. at least for me (but again I am a programmer :)

and why not change the behavior to delete (the usual meaning of a
dustbin icon). the unlink option is quite advanced and should go into
the context menu.

the second point is that there is already a mechanisn for hiding content
wich is also represented by a special icon.

just try to explain to a user why there are 2 options to hide content :-))

regards Martin