[TYPO3-hci] Open Source usability sucks?

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Wed Sep 27 10:53:54 CEST 2006

Troels Kjær Rasmussen schrieb:

> As a developer you should force yourself to step into the shoes of an
> enduser and get to know him and his concerns. This will create
> obligation, devotion and empathy from both sides of the table based on
> personal interaction.

Hm, it takes much devotion to create something at all. If you work on a
large project it involves an obligation towards other to make good and
working code that improves things and doesn't break anything. A real
obligation is IMHO a bit much to aks (see below why).

The problem is that the users rarely applaud. They usually complain and
DEMAND that things to be done - and even more, they want it done quickly. I
can live without that kind of interaction.

If developers have obligations to users (make working and usable programs),
then please define what are the obligations of the users? Send money,
praise the coders, ...?

Masi