[TYPO3-hci] Open Source usability sucks?

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at atwebteam.com
Wed Sep 27 08:54:31 CEST 2006

Erik Svendsen kirjoitti:
> Hello Silke,
>
> I don't quote your post.
>
> A short answer: It has been discussed in a lot of the others post. And i
> fully agree with you. Better usability shouldn't be at the cost of
> TYPO3's tremendous functionality.  And reading other posts in this list,
> I don't think anybody want to drop functionality.

But if someone regard some functionality confusing, then just give
option to drop that functionality, for examle I made for a customer
improved TemplaVoila page view, where the 'Unlink element' and other
icons except creating and editing new elements can be taken off
for certain user/user group.

As title text 'Put this element as unused element' or something like
that easy to understand would be good for everyone because on the top
is 'Unused elements' tab. Icon should be different - trash can is
confusing and incorrect icon for this task because element is not really
deleted.

Ok that's just an example but my point was to take more account ordinary
end users.