[TYPO3-hci] Frames

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at atwebteam.com
Wed Sep 20 11:40:11 CEST 2006

Elmar Hinz kirjoitti:
 > Tapio Markula wrote:
 >> I would propose simplified frameset
 >> just top + content frame.
 >> Content frame could have navigation tree as a layer
 >>
 >> Why these two frames - simple allowing switch dynamic between frontend
 >> and backend editing.
 >>

 > Hi Tapio,
 >
 > I follow your experience in this point. It's the way wordpress switches
 > between FE view and BE editing:
 > http://two.wordpress.com/style/screenshots/ss-1.png

Endeed lz_links, which I added FE view to "content" frame, doesn't
work in Typo3 4.0.1. It would be nice that as default - without any
plugins - Typo3 could have fake module 'Frontend', which can have as
sub-modules liks to some braches of FE pages.

BTW. I tested still lz_links. Seems to work.
Maybe my error was just that I didn't
refresh the backend and that's why the new module didn't work.

like I have http://t3test.xetpoint.com/typo3/
and which is with dev_admin + dev_admin as default module

Now three modes
* hover mode (60px high top frame)
* low onclick mode (41px high top frame)
* high onclick mode (60px high top frame)

 > It's very friendly to use. It's also my preferrred layout with T3 for
 > small editors, when I need the full width for editing.
 > It must also be possible to select a single file layout without frames

Conventional FE editing allows that. With good FE toolbar (like
pixe_feediting) many users don't need conventional BE at all.

But hiding the switcher top frame might be problematic.
And FE/BE shortcuts are lost.