[TYPO3-hci] Frames

Mon Sep 18 16:15:26 CEST 2006

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:

> You are about to break almost every extension with BE module :)

That is a very good question, how to keep existing BE modules running,
while moving to a modern BE architecture.

* The BE module menus are included by functions. So it should be
possible to put something new behind the existing API.

* BE modules are selfstanding files. To keep them running, we will need
to offer frames for the existing modules.

* It would be nice, if we could switch to a frameless system for future
modules, similar to the plugins in the FE. (Inversion of Control).

* We should also keep in mind, how a backend will probably work in 5.x
and develp into that direction, so that the migration path to 5.x
modules will be shortened.

Regards

Elmar