[TYPO3-hci] Quick Question: Pull-down menu library?

Andreas Balzer eMail at andreas-balzer.de
Sat Sep 16 21:14:21 CEST 2006

Hi!
The MS menu like idea has a big problem, which was not discussed yet..
Well, you know the MS products have a specific number of functions and
tools they offer. MS can be sure, that their amount of functions in the
menus do not change. TYPO3 offers 3 to 5,000 functions which have to be
stored in menu. If you like to use 3 menu items, then such a menu will
work fine.. even with 10 it's nice to use. But as soon as your menu is
twice the dimension of your screen, then you'll get crazy in scrolling
all the time horizontaly.

The same happens, if you have to scroll down vertically and your menu
hides, as soon as your mouse cursor reaches the scrollbar..

With this in mind, it's necessary to have several submenus.

Imho: It won't be possible for the T3 4 branch to classify all the
different modules (also those that are installed via ext) into new
categories to create a tabbed menu out of it.

Let's take this idea for T3 5.0, but just use an old school dhtml pop
out menu until that.

Greetings
Andreas