[TYPO3-hci] BE engine

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Thu Sep 14 09:33:54 CEST 2006

Hi!

There's too much traffic, so I applogize if that has been suggested before:

As it seems that there are many possible ways to create a new UI it seems
to me a ggod idea to create a set of functions that create the basic
functions but do not render them.

These functions, probably derived from the current HTML-generating ones,
would only generate PHP arrays filled with necessry data. A rendering code
framework (the "chassis" as opposed to the "skin") would use it to display
the various UI elements, be it icons, toolsbars, etc.

My favourite implementation of the "chassis" would use Smarty for
additional flexibility. But that idea is that no only a "skin", but also a
"chassis" is simply an extension.

This should limit the struggle within this group. Every group can create
the UI it wants. Kasper can then choose the one he likes best for 4.1. But
the work of the others won't be lost as they still be available as
extensions on TER.

Masi