[TYPO3-hci] Quick Question: Pull-down menu library?

Wed Sep 13 16:43:06 CEST 2006

Michael Scharkow wrote:

> I think the real problem lies in having more than one menu level, which
> is horrible for any UI. Basically, a 1-level-dropdown menu already
> requires quite an effort to click, even for me as a regular mouse user.
> In regular desktop apps I hardly ever use the menu, and never ever a
> 2-level-item unless I really need to.
>
> I think we should just make sure that there is only one level in every
> menu. I vaguely remember that e.g. OS X apps don't have more than one
> menu level at all, if they can help it.

I had a similar feeling about more than one level. There is also a risk
to slip down from the menu while crossing the narrow connection between
two levels.

If there are multipel levels this connection should be broader. Maybe by
makging both levels overlapping a little.

Regards

Elmar