[TYPO3-hci] Kickoff: TYPO3 4.1 (suggestions)

Benjamin Mack bmack at kirix.com
Tue Sep 12 21:03:30 CEST 2006

Hey,

I agree with Dmitry. Accessibility is nice, but not necessary for TYPO3
admins. It is necessary for the frontend, that's for sure. But the TYPO3
Backend cannot work run without JavaScript (already), so Christophers
statement "fall back on existing page-refreshing ... when javascript is
not present" is not possible at all. So now, if we use javascript OR
javascript w/ AJAX activity shouldn't bother much. Also it is true that
this would be an aweful lot of work to do.

So here would be my suggestion: Make the FE-editing accessible so
handicaped editors can work with the FE-mode. Would be way less work.

The only thing I see with AJAX (has little to do with Accessibility) is
the "Back-Button" problem since a bunch of my clients / editors are
comfortable with it.

greetings,
benni.
-SDG-