[TYPO3-hci] Install Tool

Matthew Manderson matthew at manderson.co.uk
Tue Sep 12 15:55:34 CEST 2006

> Does this approach make sense?
Yes

> How can we use the wiki to storyboard something that is partly
> graphical?
I wish. Any ideas? Lets start with plain text!

I think the required page is quite easily to implement and I expect we need
to simply start like this:

Step 1. A reassuring welcome page showing a list of the key test features
with a tick or cross or alert depending on the status.

eg      Filepermissions         Failed
        [Description of status]

        PHP version             Passed
        [Description of status]

        MySQL version           Passed
        [Description of status]

        GraphicsMagic / IM      Alerts
        [Description of status]

        Database access         Alerts
        Username [   ]
        password [   ]
        Database [   ]
        [Click to test?]
        [Description]

The description should be sufficiently technical and linking to official
documentation to resolve the problem.

If this new page simply came before the current Step 1 of the install tool
then the rest of the install tool make sense mostly. I like the 1-2-3
approach so maybe keep it to 3 steps.

If no-one else beats me to it I'll revisit the current Install tool and
identify the storyboard.

Matthew