[TYPO3-hci] Kickoff: TYPO3 4.1 (suggestions)

Tue Sep 12 12:34:12 CEST 2006

Kasper Skårhøj wrote:
>> Yes!! This should also include impaired users who are "not as lucky"
>> (use with care) as we are.
>>
>> What do ya think?
>

> I think I have no clue what it takes to make the backend accessible. If
> this is important to you, you could do a detailed analysis of what
> changes would make the backend accessible. Then we can decide on it.

Hi,

there are customers in the real world, that indeed ask for accessibility
of the BE. But I think that are rather a few selected ownes.  For me
that wouldn't be reason to plan full accessibility.

A much better reason to adhere the guidlines of accessibility is that
accessibility includes a lot of standards and positive side effects,
first to name HCI itself. I also think of skinnablility, performance,
browser compatibility.

An accessible output is also an ideal basis to add ajax, because we have
well organized, slim and clean XML code.

Conclusion:

Accessibility and ajax match very well together, if one does it in the
right order.

Regards

Elmar