[TYPO3-hci] Kickoff: TYPO3 4.1 (suggestions)

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at atwebteam.com
Mon Sep 11 22:55:21 CEST 2006

Matthew Manderson
> solution.

Peter Klein proposed once for existing frameset the menu, which was in
the screenshot (pasteGraphic.gif) of this topic, but that would not work
because of so many framesets (how to get the 2. level menu always into
correct frame).

But 2-level topmenu in two rows could works and in fact I have installed
for a client the menu, which is used in

http://t3test.xetpoint.com/typo3/

(dev_admin + dev_admin or tester + tester
as username and password)

It has two modes - hover and onclick. Onclick doesn't work in Firefox
(I don't understand why).
The whole idea is just making unnecessary to use two modes, BE and FE.
BE can work as FE, if the menu is easily available and doesn't take too
much space.
One "module" could be link to the frontpage (I made it with lz_links,
which for some reason didn't work for client, who use Typo3 4.0.1).