[TYPO3-hci] Kickoff: TYPO3 4.1 (suggestions)

Mon Sep 11 18:55:13 CEST 2006

Kasper Skårhøj wrote:
> Open positions:
> - AJAX guru: Someone who can assist on the AJAX strategy

Hi Kasper,

I can assist now and then, as long as the tasks can be solved with xaJax.

But I AM NOT A javascript guru. Just the opposite. I introduced xaJax
for TYPO3, because I seldom use JavaScript. xaJax gives me the
possibility to use plain PHP functions that generate JavaScript. It's
designed for PHP programmers.

The js library part of xaJax is slim comparing prototype. I still
haven't tested, how it works in combination with the eiD hook.

But the technologies are quickly changing. The XML data of (x)ajax is
fat, because of all the ending tags. YAML/JSON (hint: YAML can be
regarded as a superset of JSON) is more slimm and is well handled by the
clients side JavaScript. Meanwhile some libraries even compress the
requested data and decompress in the client.

Ruby is following the YAML/JSON trak if I am right.

I can even imagine a TS2 specification as an extended YAML
specification. YAML still doesn't suport any variant of the "dotted,
wrapping" subarrays, that make TS so powerfull. It would be interesting,
to have the combination of both: TSON.

(By the way: Is there any official term for this language construct of
dotted wrap-arrays?)

Regards

Elmar