[TYPO3-hci] Creating a new interface - real life meeting

Andreas Balzer eMail at andreas-balzer.de
Wed Oct 25 14:56:00 CEST 2006

Well in genJens Hoffmann schrieb:
  > Hi, i would be in. :)
>
> Frankfurt has a good Airport,
> which gives the foreigners
> a easy solution to meet us.
>
> How about end of November?
>
> Greez Jens

> JoH asenau schrieb:
>> Hi HCI folks.
>>
>> Since the experience from the last years shows that a simple list or
>> wiki is
>> not the best solution when it comes to collaboration I would like to have
>> something like an HCI camp during the next two months.
>>
>> We could meet for a weekend or so at a place that is within a few
>> hours of
>> travelling for each of the participants. First day would be some
>> brainstorming about basic concepts of a new interface and during the
>> other
>> day(s) we could create screenshots and other stuff to show the people and
>> especially the coders, what it's all about.
>>
>> So the participants of this camp don't necessarily have to be coders,
>> since
>> the coding will happen later on. But it would be nice to have some coders
>> there or at least some of them agreeing to realise the concept we
>> elaborate
>> during this camp. After all it wouldn't make sense to design something
>> that
>> will never get real because we are missing the coders with the
>> appropriate
>> skills.
>>
>> As far as I can see there are guys from Austria, Denmark, Finland, UK and
>> Germany. (Correct me if I forgot somebody ...)
>> So Hamburg could be a good place for this camp. Even Düsseldorf could be
>> acceptable - but that would be unfair since I am living there ;-)
>> Other suggestions are welcome.
>>
>> Do you think it's worth an investment of some days and a few bucks for
>> travelling and accomodation?
>>
>> Let me know ...
>>
>> Joey

Well in general I would love to participate. There's only one big
problem. My holidays only last a week from now on and then I mostly have
to focus on school.. Would something like an internet participation be
possible? I mean I could sit in front of my computer, learning some
stuff for school and give my ideas, opinions, etc via voice connection
or something else.. ..and I think many people could participate in this
way which would give the possibility of new inventions and of course
more thoughts & meanings.

What do you think about?

Until that 'meeting' we can do weekly chats in IRC or somehwere else via
skype, ... to discuss the current status. (I'm going to do so with Jens
today.) Anyone interested in participation?

Greetings
Andreas

P.S.: If I can come to the meeting, I would preffer Frankfort, as it is
not so far away for me..
Greetings
Andreas