[TYPO3-hci] proposal for a better integration of shortcuts

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at atwebteam.com
Tue Oct 24 08:38:02 CEST 2006

Jens Hoffmann
> Hi i had this thought too .. but what is the main Job of a Shortcut ?
> To make things faster ... right? So than, hiding them isn't the Solution.
> So do i think. :)

That is in this case not a problem because shortcuts are not used
commonly, but hiding them they don't waste space and they would easy
available.
The problem lies, how to implement them.
Typo3 has template.php, which has several document types.
Modules use commonly medium and big documents.
That could be on the bottom of those document types.
This is good proposal for normal shortcuts.

I have made them as alternative the normal menu,
but the disadvantage is switching between menu and shortcuts.