[TYPO3-hci] 4.1 menubar thoughts

Lasse zamiams at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 17:20:26 CEST 2006

Hi guys!
Just wanted to give my 2 cents on the menubar from kasper.
I really think that it's a huge step in the right direction in terms of
usability in typo3. This is what users know from other applications and
it will make them feel comfortable using typo3.
I've decided to try to take it a bit further, and make it even more like
an ordinary app, and take a well proved concept from both the mac, linux
and MS platform: something I call "windows"..

I've set up a demo, and you've got admin rights, so please don't mess
anything up :-)
http://www.pilt-grafisk.dk/typo3/
user & pass: test  (for some strange reason you have to log in twice..)

I've only tested it with firefox, and there are lot's of bugs, but I
think you get the main idea.
You need to double-click the icons to open a window - single-click
imaginary "selects" the icon.
You can drag the icons around to get your own personal "desktop".
The windows are kinda slaggy as I used the prototype window class -
http://prototype-window.xilinus.com/ - which uses both iframes and tables..

What ya think??
Best regards

Lasse Nørby