[TYPO3-hci] My 4.1 proposal - again

Bernd Wilke xoonsji02 at sneakemail.com
Mon Oct 16 23:43:47 CEST 2006

On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 18:07:48 +0200, JoH asenau wrote
with subject "Re: [TYPO3-hci] My 4.1 proposal - again":

[...]

> If the purists amongst you would like to stick to the CSS only solution, no
> problem with that, but then we had to implement a really good JS based
> pendant to achieve the same hight quality results in IE.
>
> Drawback: Double work
> Advantage: If there will be an IE sometimes in the near future that sticks
> to these standards and succeeds IE6 you can simply remove the JS solution
> with one switch.

good news for us:
as far as c't (2/2006) said on page 191: the newe IE7 will handle :hover on
any tags correctly.
AND:
in the near future there will be nearly no other version than 7 thanks to
Microsofts automatic updates which nobody will be able to escape. (page
193)

It also reads IE7 will handle alpha-transparency in PNGs. I think that will
push PNG as the better transparency-format (including more colors).

Bernd