[TYPO3-hci] My 4.1 proposal - again

Benjamin Mack bmack at kirix.com
Sat Oct 14 00:26:59 CEST 2006

Hey Kasper,

first of all: Great approach, I really like the icons to access quickly
the stuff I need - I am eager to see this navigation implemented. btw:
Instead of naming the file "alt_main_new.php" you could go with
"main.php" !? ;-)

Kasper Skårhøj wrote:

> I thought about that too. Then realized we should go for something more
> flexible, namely the diff. Who says that dropdowns represent a list
> anyway? Could be anything. In default examples we need space for a
> check-icon (Ã), an item icon, the title and an arrow to the right. Could
> that be made with a list? If so, how?
This is totally CSS-styled. Actually, you don't even need the list items
(LI), you can do this with pure Anchor-tags and via background-pictures
and css-classes. Although you should wrap it in LI-tags so it is more
"accessible" I guess than just a bunch of anchors.

So the "tablemenu" of the attached picture looks like this in the
markup, which is pretty darn clean:

     <a class="checked" href="javascript:void(0);"
id="tablemenu_name">Display Client Name</a>
     <a class="checked" href="javascript:void(0);"
id="tablemenu_phone">Display Phone Number</a>
     <a class="checked" href="javascript:void(0);"
id="tablemenu_email">Display Email</a>
     <a class="checked" href="javascript:void(0);"
id="tablemenu_licenses_used">Display Licenses in Use</a>
     <a class="checked" href="javascript:void(0);"
id="tablemenu_licenses_total">Display Total Licenses</a>

I know that I could remove the event callers from the Javascript with
"Behaviour", but I will change this some day for that program I
developed (with prototype and script.aculo.us).

Anyway, Kasper, if you decide with prototype and script.aculo.us -
please please have a look at event:selectors for prototype (it's like
the behaviour lib but built upon prototype) - it cleans your markup from
the ugly statements and you can attach events with CSS-markup. Just awesome!

http://mir.aculo.us/articles/2006/03/21/event-selectors-for-prototype
http://encytemedia.com/event-selectors/

--
greetings,