[TYPO3-hci] My 4.1 proposal - again

Susanne Moog mail at susi-moog.de
Fri Oct 13 22:52:30 CEST 2006

Hello everyone,

Kasper Skårhøj wrote:
> No one suggested actual CSS / JS changes except Jan-ERik on my request.
> I assume its not that bad then as a foundation.

I had no time before today so I hope it's not too late to suggest
something now. Because I don't speak english well - at least not well
enough to make sure, that I can tell you exactly what I want to - I have
made an example and put it on my page. So, please look at
http://typo3.susi-moog.de/menu.html before you read any further.

Basically I suggest a normal list-menu as a basic. In my mind I have the
following ideas:

1) You could gather the information of which modules should be in the
top menu and then put out the list via php. You can still use Javascript
an Ajax where needed, but you have a nice listmenu that can also be
viewed without javascript (and - more important I think - without
CSS-Styles too) and is easier to modify and personalise in matters of
design.

2) You could use what you use now, but put out the list instead of
whatever you put out now (I didn't understand that part of the code, I
got the general concept but not much more).

The menu is working in both Firefox (tested with 1.5.0.7 and 2.0 RC2)
and Internet Explorer (6.0). It doesn't work perfect in Opera, I haven't
figured this out till now, and I don't know whether it works in Safari
or not as I can't test that.

The basic idea behind this menu is having a CSS-only menu for all
browsers. My code is based on the menu from
http://www.cssplay.co.uk/menus/final_drop2.html.

Please give me feedback if I should continue working on it, or if it
makes no sense because I'm not able to implement it myself so in the end
it would just vegetate somewhere as "nice idea".

Regards,

Susanne