[TYPO3-hci] Motivations, WAS: 4.1 = menubar/iconbar/dashboard; lets go!

Daniel Bruessler info at -remove-patchworking.de
Thu Oct 12 15:53:01 CEST 2006

> Scenario #1 will by time shift the balance from 90/10 towards 99/1 while
> Scenario #2 will shift from 90/10 towards, say, 80/20 or better (or the
> project will get "cleaned up" to a 100/0 balance because the 90% gets
> mad and leave).

Yes! I made the same experience in three groups I'm in:
* my church/ community
* my living-community
* TYPO3/ community

I think all the inventions of the last thousands of years beginning from
the fire up to quantum-computer-algorithms was that ANYBODY started with
it who had the personally motivation for it. Maybe not to freeze at
night. Shure that he/ she makes the job good, so that the fire doesn't
get lost.

For me in TYPO3/ documentation I just have power to care for things I
need or I will need the next months or years. I'm using the existing
standards, that's shure, and I try to make it as perfect as possible,
but I can't care for things what I never need. I'm really shure this is
the same with everybody.

I like the new UserInterface from Kasper very well. This is _the_
invention what TYPO3 neeeds the next time, because everybody
(users/editors/admins/developers) nowadays is in the web2.0-fever and
wants good web-UI's.

Accessibility is important for the _users_ of eGov-sites, including
interactive features (=frontend extensions).

We have the component-concept in TYPO3. Everything can be extended by
Extensions/Hooks/Backend moduls - so a group of "stakeholder"s can
always optimize anything what the original developer didn't care about!
It's a matter of people or/and money.

kind regards
Daniel Brüßler

OpenSource works, because everybody cares _really_ for the things he/she
needs and contributes to the community