[TYPO3-hci] 4.1 = menubar/iconbar/dashboard; lets go!

Daniel Bruessler info at -remove-patchworking.de
Wed Oct 11 14:51:42 CEST 2006

Hi,

that dashboard-stuff is great.

Would be nice to have a special kind of "extension" in the TER where one
can download a new dashboard-item:

dashboardItem = @uid + urlBackgroundImage +
urlToViewAnInstalledExtension + width + height + transparency +
userRights + userSettings

If an extension provides a view-interface or maybe an edit-interface for
such a dashboard-item then there would be many new possibilities. It
could be accessed via some GET-POST-parameters. So the dashboard-item is
a kind of mini-browser ;-)

I think we could build many nice dashboard-items.

For a first version in 4.1 a simple VIEWING dashboard-item would be a
nice start, because building a good controller-interface will need some
time.

kind regards
Daniel Brüßler