[TYPO3-hci] [TYPO3-dev] RFC: file mounts and work spaces

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Wed Oct 11 14:04:56 CEST 2006

Hello Kasper,

Of course you are right. For optimal usability it has to be this way, but
hiding a read-only file mount in File>Filelist is easier ;-)

Following your idea I think it's possible to have a file mount in one of
three states: read-write, no-edit, read-only.

"read-write" is the current state.
"no-edit" is what you have described.
"read-only" is what I have described.

It is probably sensible to default file mounts in DRAFT to "no-edit". For
workspaces it should be an option to mount non-listed user filed mounts as
"no-edit" (default) or "read-only".

I still would hide a "read-only" file mount completely from File>Filelist.

Masi