[TYPO3-hci] Save as

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2006 at typo3.com
Wed Oct 11 13:38:52 CEST 2006

Hi Andreas,

I like the idea! However, its not a priority at this point. At some
point I would like to investigate the usability of our TCEforms. This
will include what the buttons are called etc. For instance I found
that when people create a new record, they look for the "Create"
button, not the "Save" button - that they looked for when they wanted
to save something existing they edited.

Anyway, the SAve as button would of course simply create a copy of
the element in chosen location and overwriting with any changes made.
It may be a simpler way to make a copy. People seem to happily copy
existing pages as templates for new pages and why not offer this
funcitonality as a "Save as".

Could you for now search the wiki for hte place where I put
information about "Create" and "Save" buttons , probably new the
TCEform section and add your idea there. Then we can process it later
on.
- kasper