[TYPO3-hci] Task

Steffen Kamper steffen at dislabs.de
Thu Nov 30 01:20:41 CET 2006

"Martin Kutschker" <Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1164376559.24451.typo3-team-hci at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hi!
>
> I have a task that needs to be done for 4.1 to improve HCI. There are some
> (many?) unlocalized error messages in the Core (eg if a file couldn't be
> written or the user had no permission to add an element in a specific
> language). These messages need to be found and localized.
>
> I don't think real programming skills are needed to do that. It's just
> bring to go through all the code.
>
> It'd be great if someone here on the list would stop building castles in
> the air (musing about hypothetical error messages), and did some grunt
> work ;-) Locate the messages and put down the file name and line number.
> File a bug report containing the collected data.
>
> AFAIK it's quite easy to provoke errors (for those). Just fiddle with the
> OS file permissions in the file admin and try do do some work with
> File>List. Or setup a user with restrictions (eg language or WS) and use
> him to work. I'm sure you get some messages in English, where it should be
> your native language.
>
> Masi

Hi,

just to make a beginning (from 4.1 beta)

t3lib/class.gzip_encode.php    function gzip_encode
t3lib/class.t3lib_admin            function testDBRefs
t3lib/class.t3lib_bedisplaylog.php    function getDetails
t3lib/class.t3lib_befunc.php    function getFlexFormDS
                                             function makeConfigForm
                                             function &RTEgetObj
                                             function typo3PrintError
                                             function TYPO3_copyRightNotice
                                             function displayWarningMessages

last 3 containes a lot of english messages, in the other there are mostly
one. These 4 files i scanned completly, hope not to forgot something :)

happy diggin'
vg  Steffen