[TYPO3-hci] PPT Chart 66 Ext. install

Staffan Ericsson staffan at zytor.com
Mon Nov 20 20:21:34 CET 2006

Andreas Balzer skrev:

> yes. It should be _as small as possible_.. Maybe 200-300kb. You just
> upload this file on your server and execute it.. and then the magic
> should begin an every other file should be downloaded by this one..
> Let's say it's a preinstall script which downloads the install engine,
> etc...

Very nice idea. I like it.

The footprint size of TYPO3 on the server drives should be stated on the
download page. A install script of 20k and then downloading 60MB is not
very nice.

A typo3-pre-fetch.php that the user can access and thereby download the
rest of the installation. But we have to consider php/apache timeouts.

.staffan