[TYPO3-hci] PPT: Ideas to improve the Usability of Typo3 4.x / 5.0

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Fri Nov 17 15:17:41 CET 2006

> I hope it is still fine ... the 1&1 Support doesn't
> like to help me so i need to find this out by my self :(

I had a similar problem a few months ago, because I tested mod_proxy on a
1&1 rootie without removing it after the test (I swear I will never forget
this again ...) . Within a few days the traffic raised to 40 Gigs per day
and the server was dead for almost a week.
The solution was to buy an additional IP adress for this server, switch all
the domains to the new IP and setup a restrictive firewall for the the old
IP, since the DOS attacks usually are IP based only and not related to any
domain.

Maybe this can help you for the future ...

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.cybercraft.de