[TYPO3-hci] standard content elements, page module

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Thu Nov 16 09:43:14 CET 2006

Franz Koch schrieb:

>> page module show primary normal content and list all kind of record
>> types, which many don't relate directly to content. That's why I
>> regard this reasonable.
>
> But explain a nonexperienced editor why there is a difference? Editors
> don't care about technical stuff that my be the reason for the splitting
> - a newsentry f.e. is a content like anything else. Try to think not
> technical for anything in the GUI.
> (...)

I agree with Franz in that it is indeed pretty confusing. I think we
already have the distinction of records that are strictly "content"
oriented (tt_content, tt_news, etc) and records that are just other
"data" (fe_users, tt_news_cat, etc): Those can be saved in a SysFolder.

In the HCI session in T3DD we discussed about the entry of News-records
and most of us agreed that for an editor it makes more sense to edit the
news in the page where they appear instead of in a different module
(Web>List) and a different page (some central SysFolder).

In my eyes, the "Page/List" view should be more context oriented, so
that on regular pages we can add and edit tt_content and maybe tt_news
if there is a tt_news plugin on page but just records that make sense here.

Let the admin decide which records should be edited in which pages
(PageTS) and then just merge the Page and List module in one.

Cheers,
Ernesto