[TYPO3-hci] standard content elements, page module

Franz Koch typo at fx-graefix.de
Thu Nov 16 09:35:49 CET 2006

Tapio Markula schrieb:
> Franz Koch
>
>> splitting the content management in two modules (page and list). Why
>> not only ONE where I can choos a display mode like in common
>> applications?
>

> page module show primary normal content and list all kind of record
> types, which many don't relate directly to content. That's why I regard
> this reasonable.

But explain a nonexperienced editor why there is a difference? Editors don't care about technical stuff that my be the reason for the splitting - a newsentry f.e. is a content like anything else. Try to think not technical for anything in the GUI.

"Dear editor. In the page view you can add, manage and view the content of your website (as long as it is stored in tt_content) and in list view you can also manage the content, only in a different view (so far so good) and also any other records (any other record of any database-table) like news, users, podcasts that will or will not be displayed on your website as content, but are all not treated like regular content."

Easy - eh?

I agree that f.e. fe_users are no "real" content in a regular meaning, but there are also many extensions that provide data records that many editors would classify as regular content, based on their appearance directly in the website content.

But I think this could be solved whith the planned redesigned taskcenter, and with hopefully a little bit more flexible "actions" that can be arranged in a nice menu with icons or whatever.

Just an idea - how about having an area in the left frame-menu where tasks and actions can be easily be added as menu-items (with little icons). Like a small tastcenter that is always visible for the editor? Don't say "simply write a BE mod". Yes, that would do it - but it shouldn't be that difficult.

--
Kind regards,
Franz Koch