[TYPO3-hci] Let's try to aks the users!

Franz Koch typo at fx-graefix.de
Thu Nov 16 00:55:40 CET 2006

Hi Michael,
> Ack, there are best practices of BE configuration now, but they are not
> obvious enough, and they require more efforts than even most agencies
> seem to be willing or able to deliver to their customers. I've got the
> impression that in most cases, the people deploying TYPO3 only care
> about FE features and templating and extension, whereas the completely
> configurable BE is neglected and *then* people start complaining about
> UI complexity.

I think the main problem here is that it's a little bit complicated/complex to limit the BE-functionality with pageTS. Searching html-sourcecodes for the correct fieldnames, getting along with right syntax for every fieldtyp, writing extensions to change some labelnames that can't be changed with TS and whatever.
I once started limiting the backend - but finally stopped trying, as it was to complex for me to manage and keep an overview in the tiny textfield, the neverending try and error actions etc..

And in my case most projects have a to low budget to spend hours with limiting the backend through pageTS - but that's a different story.

--
Kind regards,
Franz Koch