[TYPO3-hci] the bot-idea

Andreas Balzer eMail at andreas-balzer.de
Mon May 29 17:57:51 CEST 2006

> Stupid bots can't help, that's correct. But it should be possible to ask
>  in two "modes" - in full sentences as well as in a typical search string.
Hm.. i don't know.. Usually a bot is defined by his abilities to be able
to create a real conversation feeling. I think just keyword input should
be just redirected to the online documentation search.

>>> Sorry, don't know aiml yet... link?
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AIML
>
> Checked that. Nice - I would still prefer a database-driven solution,
> but if someone has better arguments... =)
I actually don't. Ok, let's say a database that holds aiml files ;)
I mean, aiml has been proved for ages to be able to create real
conversations based on your input. If you just have a database, it
wouldn't be a conversation, it would just be an echo of the
documentation. The bot entries should (imho) be made in conversation style.

> So what about starting a project like this?  This hasn't to go to the
> core right from the start - there could be an extension to provide the GUI.
Good idea. I could provide some graphics, but i'm not able to code such
a thing. Plus i could create some aiml files ;)

> New major questions:
>
> - How can this task be done?
we would first need a website for it, with 3 sections:
1) a section that holds information about the project (how to
participate, etc)
2) a section, where the current work is shown and the programmers can
work on it
3) a section that provides an easy interface to input help information
for aiml files.

> - Who else would like to offer his/her help?
It could be announced into the news section of TYPO3. "Who wants to help?"

Greetings
Andreas