[TYPO3-hci] the bot-idea

Andreas Rieser A.Rieser at T3site.com
Mon May 29 14:31:09 CEST 2006

Andreas Balzer schrieb:
>  > Well, IRC came to my mind because I know some bots that were created for
>> that. This concept would only make sense if we could create a small
>> network offering this service - like the debian package or TER 2.0 idea.
>>    IRC offers this infrastructure already. And creating a bot seems to
>> be an easy task in that environment. Plus you have a fast and up-to-date
>> bot. And putting up two or three servers for that shouldn't be the
>> problem - if a sponsor is needed, I will provide one.
> +1

This means we have a second server?    =)

>>> What i would not like is a bot, that is stupid.. There are bots that
>>> only look for keywords in your sentences, and bots you really can talk
>>> with. Something between would be perfect.
>>>
>>> e.g. type your problem as keywords in the office bot, and then try it as
>>>  a complete sentence ("How can i do that?") The second way gives much
>>> more good answers.

Stupid bots can't help, that's correct. But it should be possible to ask
 in two "modes" - in full sentences as well as in a typical search string.

>> Sorry, don't know aiml yet... link?
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AIML

Checked that. Nice - I would still prefer a database-driven solution,
but if someone has better arguments... =)

>> Your example is pretty cool =)
> It's just an example of a situation that happend to me during this week
>  :-/ (big thanks to ries for his help :) )

Well, that's why it was so realistic ;)

So what about starting a project like this?  This hasn't to go to the
core right from the start - there could be an extension to provide the GUI.

New major questions:

- How can this task be done?

- Who else would like to offer his/her help?

Cheers,

Andreas