[TYPO3-hci] One night with Typo3...

Irene Höppner ih at abezet.de
Wed May 24 16:55:35 CEST 2006

>> page = PAGE
>> page.10 < styles.content.get
>>
> Whats the point about css-styled-content? Will it style my content? I
> want to style it my own. a simple "hello world" site needs no style ;)

lol. You really don't need css_styled_content. And if you had made one of
the tutorials for beginners you had done your site without
css_styled_content but "hello world" already....

> Ok. I guess you know your way around very quick. But is Typo3 mainly for
> people who spend a lifetime on working and understanding it?

No, not a lifetime, but 6 to 24 months. The more the better. If you need
special things that require the understanding of the framework...

> Or is it for everyone who wants to set up things quickly based on
> intuition and well known standards (php, html, css) ?

you don't even need php...

>> This is how it should be done - but this requires the will to dig into
>> the stuff instead of complaining about it's complexity.
>>
> That makes me think about a lyric of Freddy Mercury:
>
> "While we rule by blind madness and pure greed
> Our lives dictated by tradition, superstition, false religion
> Through the eons, and on and on"

lol... it's not about tradition. It's about the fact that a complex
software isn't easy to use anymore, IF you want to go your own way...

Irene

--
Irene Höppner
A.BE.ZET GmbH