[TYPO3-hci] One night with Typo3...

Irene Höppner ih at abezet.de
Wed May 24 15:11:12 CEST 2006

> Fortunatly i am the laziest typoscript programmer you can imagine :) -
> but still got my way through the pitfalls most of the time. So here i
> want to share my "User expirience" i had last night - maybe to get some
> insights on how typo3 and typoscript "feels" if you don´t work everyday
> with it and dream about typoscript code already.

One day with a pretty good CSS-Book about div-based layouts: Between many
other things I know, that the IE makes silly output with the doctype set
correct.

Another day reading through the TSref from the beginning to the end: Oh,
there is a property for configuration of the doctype. Keep that in mind.
Oh, there is property to switch the doctype. That could be interesting for
the IE. Keep that in mind. Oh, there is a property for.....

I have a pretty good friend who loves to say: "Wer lesen kann, ist klar im
Vorteil" ;-).

However: Your frustration is pretty understandable as it can be really
frustrating to search hours for one line of code. But it will always be
like that with a powerful piece of software, if you start with it. And it
will keep being like that you don't try to get the needed knowledge
systematically.

That's why experience and knowledge is worth so much....

Greets: Irene

--
Irene Höppner
A.BE.ZET GmbH