[TYPO3-hci] One night with Typo3...

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Wed May 24 14:50:05 CEST 2006

> Thats very typical working day for Typo3. Lots of strange default
> behaviours you have to configure, lots of very specific typoscript
> configurations instead of directly editing the whole thing like you would
> do without typoscript. If that would be removed and typo3 wouldnt add any
> "configuration overhead" and other cheeky things it could be soooo cool i
> can´t even think about it!
>
> Another problem with typoscript is the fact that you really have to work
> with it a lot to get to do it right. But i simply don´t need it so i don´t
> work with it. Thats quite stupid for learning ;)

Just an idea:

Use TYPO3 as Backend only and setup your own index.php.
This way you can reinvent all the features you would like to have in your FE
instead of just trying to learn TS.

Many of our new clients have been offered stuff like that by people with
your way of thinking. They used TYPO3 for content management only having
individually designed PHP for the output.
They used it for a while but then they found themselves in a dead end since
each and every feature had to be implemented by their programmers again and
again.
They tried to use different extensions that (of course) didn't output
anything, they wanted to add a simple user registration or a newsletter
plugin - all without success.
Finally they got tired of paying these programmers and came to the
conclusion that they should ask someone who knows how to handle things they
way they were supposed to be handled.

BTW: If you were a carpenter, would you create an individual buzz saw for
each job first (that has to be paid in addition by the client) or just go to
the do-it-yourself store and buy _one_ that could be used for all of them
when pushing the right buttons?

SCNR

Joey