[TYPO3-hci] Welcome tour

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Fri Dec 1 15:10:03 CET 2006

Hi Andreas,

> What about a short tour the first time the BE gets opened? Something
> like "Welcome to TYPO3! TYPO3 enables you quick and easy to... It's
> divided into several modules. You'll find them here, there and ... If
> you want to create a new website, you have to create a template first or
> select a predefined. Just click here, there and then on this link and
> your precreated template driven website will be ready to go online. ..."
> The whole thing with a nice voice and some nice and attractive flash
> animations. Of course the tour would have to be saved on typo3.org and
> other mirror servers, so that it would not affect the filesize of the
> download package.

This is pretty much the same like we already have with the "welcome"
extension. It contains a set of GIF animations which show easily, how to
create a new website, etc.

It would be cool to have some more animations here. However, I think that
they do not necessarily need to be on the local server. An embedded frame
referring to typo3.org would be good enough.

What do you think?

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out