[TYPO3-ect] Announcing TER cleanup process

Xaver Maierhofer xaver.maierhofer at xwissen.info
Wed Jan 30 20:24:24 CET 2013

Hi,

nice a clean up happens.

Maybe it would be nice a ext needs to renewed.
A simple click "I'm active/maintain" every XY months (e.g. 6). After that
period of time, the extension will be dropped a pool and people can get the
keys to continue the development.
Orphaned extensions will be disabled/marked, Not searchable in TYPO3 backend
and on site a modal dialogue or something like that for the download.

PS: I think the problem biggest problem is the version handling. Right now it
is only possible to maintain one mainline (no branches). For a v2 you need a
new key, even for a alpha missing feature ext.

regards
xaver