[TYPO3-extbase] FLUIDTEMPLATE

Stefan Reichelt eichelt at web.de
Sat Mar 2 00:29:01 CET 2013

Hello Bernhard,

On 01/03/2013 21:07, Bernhard Kraft wrote:
> I know about those ... What I did until now is:

> 		<f:layout name="default">
> 		<f:section name="content">
> 			Complete Site Layout and Content here ...
> 		</f:section>
>
> This achieves my requirements. But I wonder if this is how it should be.

Yes of course! Sorry, totally forgot about that little part. :)
This is indeed a right way to do it and then inside of the section named
content, the markup with the variables (and viewhelpers) containing the
content you've assigned in your FLUIDTEMPLATE cObject.

Additionally if your layout 'default' only contains the single line with
the f:render tag, then you can scrap the whole layout and simply add the
f:render itself to your main template. Infront or after the section it
tries to render doesn't matter.

> The problem with your approach is that the <head> tag is rendered either
> twice (once from TYPO3, the other time from the template) or that I have
> to use a "template.html" without head tag. This way it is unusable when
> not called via TYPO3 (So you can't handle it back to the designer).

Indeed. Though it is also possible to tell your PAGE cObject with
config.disableAllHeaderCode [1] to not add the usual html header.
Although that means ignoring all the dynamic and fancy configurations
you can achieve through typoscript (like including js or css files, meta
data and so on).

Have a nice weekend and
kind regards
Stefan