[TYPO3-edu] edu.typo3.com online

Gina Steiner steiner at akea.de
Mon Oct 1 19:54:43 CEST 2007

> Hi Gina

hi andreas,

> as you are a diver, do you know from other divers. I would like to setup a
> list of T3Divers to get the idea of T3Dive a bit more concrete. Our idea
> here would be to concentrale at T3Dive and Dschungle Adventure in Phuket
> especially on educational Themes and in another Part on Themes related to
> Churches which are using the WEC Package as UNESCO (for the worldly part),
> perhaps also a governmental Part (civserv and so on) and also our church
> community ( for the WEC Part ) will get involved too as we think. Also I am
> sure to get Assumption University involved as I am a speaker on their
> eLearning Conferences and talk about TYPO3 since many years.
>
> School Websites, Local Community Websites and Church Websites are at the
> moment the most booming Parts here in South East Asia - especially with
> TYPO3. We will also have some talks about Out Sourcing and Better
> Communication during projects with developers spread all over the world. It
> will be a global meeting for sure :-) East meets West.
>
> If you know about other divers beside Georg Ringer and Joh, so please let me
> know, so I can contact them to make more concrete plans for T3Dive.

i think bernhard kraft and have a look:
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/T3dive
you can post your ideas there and maybe try to revival a t3dive thread:
http://lists.netfielders.de/pipermail/typo3-english/2006-July/028686.html
try out to find some pros and cons from others on a mailing list with
more fluctuation...

> It will be about 1 week with possibility to extend. Flight to Phuket
> International Airport.
>
> In discussion would be also the chance to have about 5 days here in Phuket
> and 3 in Bangkok. What about this? Perhaps first Bangkok and then here at
> our nice Island, so it would be easier for people to extend their visits. I
> talked also to some official ICT people already and hopefully they keep as
> satisfied about this idea and would like to support it until we can make it
> become real.
>
> As our idea is to focus on educational Themes what would you think about
> doing as a social part? i.e. also at least one day an introductional
> training about TYPO3 in schools here? OK - enjoy your dives and start
> thinking about it.

thanx a lot!

> If you have any suggestions what would be the best time to place this event
> within a year so please let me know. From November - April we have high
> season here! Please take this in account.

me myself i would give it a try if it fits into my schedule. for sure i
have to know more. i don't have preferences about the date if i know it
a year in advance...

> To get a bit inspiration simply visit Georg Ringers Websites for
> rggooglemap, rgsmoothgallery and so on. All pictures presented here have
> been made in last May at Phuket and Kho PhiPhi
> http://www.rggooglemap.com/dev/rgsmoothgallery.html
> http://www.rggooglemap.com/dev/rgmoodalbox/seiten-content.html
> http://www.rggooglemap.com/thailand

i'll have a look, thanx!

> I think it must be in some semester holidays or even school holidays (in
> Europe) so that people could join more easily.

sounds reasonable ;-)

> Hope to meet you and all other interested all here soon - Sawadikrap!
>
> Andi

best gina