[TYPO3-edu] edu.typo3.com online

Andreas Becker ab.becker at web.de
Mon Oct 1 12:24:41 CEST 2007

Hi Gina

as you are a diver, do you know from other divers. I would like to setup a
list of T3Divers to get the idea of T3Dive a bit more concrete. Our idea
here would be to concentrale at T3Dive and Dschungle Adventure in Phuket
especially on educational Themes and in another Part on Themes related to
Churches which are using the WEC Package as UNESCO (for the worldly part),
perhaps also a governmental Part (civserv and so on) and also our church
community ( for the WEC Part ) will get involved too as we think. Also I am
sure to get Assumption University involved as I am a speaker on their
eLearning Conferences and talk about TYPO3 since many years.

School Websites, Local Community Websites and Church Websites are at the
moment the most booming Parts here in South East Asia - especially with
TYPO3. We will also have some talks about Out Sourcing and Better
Communication during projects with developers spread all over the world. It
will be a global meeting for sure :-) East meets West.

If you know about other divers beside Georg Ringer and Joh, so please let me
know, so I can contact them to make more concrete plans for T3Dive.

It will be about 1 week with possibility to extend. Flight to Phuket
International Airport.

In discussion would be also the chance to have about 5 days here in Phuket
and 3 in Bangkok. What about this? Perhaps first Bangkok and then here at
our nice Island, so it would be easier for people to extend their visits. I
talked also to some official ICT people already and hopefully they keep as
satisfied about this idea and would like to support it until we can make it
become real.

As our idea is to focus on educational Themes what would you think about
doing as a social part? i.e. also at least one day an introductional
training about TYPO3 in schools here? OK - enjoy your dives and start
thinking about it.

If you have any suggestions what would be the best time to place this event
within a year so please let me know. From November - April we have high
season here! Please take this in account.

To get a bit inspiration simply visit Georg Ringers Websites for
rggooglemap, rgsmoothgallery and so on. All pictures presented here have
been made in last May at Phuket and Kho PhiPhi
http://www.rggooglemap.com/dev/rgsmoothgallery.html
http://www.rggooglemap.com/dev/rgmoodalbox/seiten-content.html
http://www.rggooglemap.com/thailand

I think it must be in some semester holidays or even school holidays (in
Europe) so that people could join more easily.

Hope to meet you and all other interested all here soon - Sawadikrap!

Andi