[TYPO3-edu] New Site, Content Tree

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Wed Nov 22 15:26:59 CET 2006

>  > One more thing. Do you think that TYPO3 should obtain its own
>>  educational modules or it should just regulate the activities done in
>>  some other CMS (LMS) integrated into TYPO3?
>>

>Typo3 should not obtain specific e-learning extensions. The competition
>(i.e. moodle) is far too strong.
>
>On the other side is especially on a school "homepage"/portal the
>organizational aspect very important. This means for me, different types
>of projects (students, school Š) need a lot of administrational
>services. This is the strengh of typo3.

Ditto. We are using Moodle already few years and
there is no way Typo3 can compete with it for
delivering instruction. However, I am looking
into using Typo3-based site as a portal (dept web
site with extranet and intranet components)
connected to Moodle (actually two Moodles), so a
close collaboration (like single signon) between
Typo3 and LMSs such as Moodle is most welcome.

Robert