[TYPO3-edu] New Site, Content Tree

Claudio Cathomen [ICSurselva AG] c.cathomen at icsurselva.ch
Mon Nov 13 17:01:27 CET 2006

Hi

At the T3DD06, we discussed following main structure for the new
edu.typo3.com Site:

{TRANSCRIPT START}
Sites/ content:
top level
Sitenames can be changed

- home/ intro
- target groups
- E-Learning with TYPO3
- examples/ case studys/ references
- TYPO3 for you (Support)
- Imprint

The main goal is to help interested decision makers to choose TYPO3 for
their institution. We don't want to repeat sections from www.typo3.com
but taking decision makers to a small tour and answer their questions,
mainly what kind of .edu projects can be (and have been) implent with
TYPO3 and how a such projects can be planned
{TRANSCRIPT STOP}

As you see the structure is not that different to the actual structure

Now we should discuss the main structure and go deeper inside. Mainly we
have to decide, WHAT content will be on wich site and WHO can provide
english content for that. Again, we don't have to invent all from 0,we
should not repeat things from www.typo3.com but, I am sure, you will
have a lots of ideas, what we should communicate. Remember: Less is
often more and think about that we even have to update the content
frequently (with translation...), so I believe it is a good idea to
define some 'dynamic' sections like Reports, References etc. and to
provide 'static' content on the other sections.

I will be back on Wednesday, joining the discussion again

cheers

Claudio