[TYPO3-dam-devel] is DAM 1.2.4 compatible with new TYPO3 version 4.7?

Lorenz Ulrich lorenz-typo3 at visol.ch
Thu Apr 26 10:47:48 CEST 2012

Hi everyone

DAM is and will stay compatible from TYPO3 4.5 to TYPO3 4.7. I'm not
aware of any trouble with TYPO3 4.6 when DAM is set up properly.

dam_ttcontent needs to be updated to work with TYPO3 4.7 since there
have been changes in css_styled_content. The backend part will still
works but the alignment of images doesn't work anymore. The patch is
pending in Gerrit and misses a code review:
https://review.typo3.org/#/c/10544/
(But it was tested also in productive installations and is known to work.)

Furthermore we miss some reviews for DAM:
https://review.typo3.org/#/q/status:open+project:TYPO3v4/Extensions/dam,n,z

We are currently working on DAM 1.3 with some new (and probably the
last) little features and some improvments in design (new icons, style
adjusted to TYPO3 4.5+). I'm not sure yet whether we're going to release
dam_ttcontent before or not - I need to check with Dan.

FAL (and maybe some third-party add-ons) will supersede FAL in TYPO3 6.0.

Best regards,

Lorenz