[TYPO3-dam-devel] RFC #10546: Progress update does not work with Be-Compression

Lorenz Ulrich lorenz-typo3 at visol.ch
Wed Sep 28 21:10:30 CEST 2011

Hi Björn

Thanks for your work. I tested it. For others:

- Checkout DAM master from Git and dam_index trunk from SVN
- Configure TYPO3 to use backend compression (compressionLevel=5,
uncomment htaccess rules in sample _.htaccess)
- Go to the indexing module and index a bunch of file: It won't work and
you won't see any progress in the progress bar
- Fetch https://review.typo3.org/#change,5415 and the patch from my
reply (the version from Björn removes a <?php by accident which leads to
an error)
- Try again: It works

To be honest, I don't have any idea how all that progress bar stuff
works together, but since it works both with and without compression
after applying your work, I give my +1.

I noticed that with activated compression we have other design problems,
e.g. in the List module. Would you have time to dig into that? At the
same time maybe you could adjust the CSS to the TYPO3 skin... some
backgrounds match with other TYPO3 versions.

Thanks again and a good evening,

Lorenz