[TYPO3-dam-devel] RFC #17379 dam is not linkvalidator aware

Bjoern Pedersen bjoern.pedersen at frm2.tum.de
Mon Feb 14 09:22:02 CET 2011

Am 13.02.2011 12:01, schrieb Lorenz Ulrich:
> Hi Patrick
>
> While testing I saw that the patch "only" enables a check for the
> existence of a DAM file reference. So if I delete the file in Media>List
> or Media>File, linkvalidator comes up with an error. But it doesn't
> check if the underlying file exists. So if I just delete the file on the
> filesystem, Linkvalidator isn't aware of that.
>
> Would it be a big effort to check also for the existence of the file?
>
> What I still don't like are the system messages:
>
> - Please write DAM uppercase.
> - DAM file is not visible should be "is hidden" IMO, the core also uses
> "hidden".
> - DAM file is deleted should be "DAM file was deleted", as it was in the
> past...
>
> How do I get the message DAM file does not exist?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Lorenz

That will  mean, that the checkMedia-Function has to be improved.
Currently it only checks the dam-record for:
1) existence,
2) not hiden
3) not deleted

so it needs  further checks if the record exists:
1) is the file from the record readable/existing?
and maybe more checks are necessary/possible?

But maybe that could be a second RFC, then this one would already solve
the problem, that all media records are currently reported as broken links.

Björn