[TYPO3-dam-devel] RFC #17379 dam is not linkvalidator aware

Lorenz Ulrich lorenz-typo3 at visol.ch
Sun Feb 13 12:01:29 CET 2011

Hi Patrick

While testing I saw that the patch "only" enables a check for the
existence of a DAM file reference. So if I delete the file in Media>List
or Media>File, linkvalidator comes up with an error. But it doesn't
check if the underlying file exists. So if I just delete the file on the
filesystem, Linkvalidator isn't aware of that.

Would it be a big effort to check also for the existence of the file?

What I still don't like are the system messages:

- Please write DAM uppercase.
- DAM file is not visible should be "is hidden" IMO, the core also uses
"hidden".
- DAM file is deleted should be "DAM file was deleted", as it was in the
past...

How do I get the message DAM file does not exist?

Best regards,

Lorenz